MILITARY CEREMONIES AT THE MUSEUM
Retirement, Promotion and Reenlistment Ceremonies
There isn't a more fitting place than the National Museum of the Marine Corps for your promotion, reenlistment or retirement ceremony. Imagine your ceremony with the backdrop of Marine Corps history. There is no charge for this privilege but there are some guidelines to follow to make it the best possible experience for you while still allowing Museum visitors to have a wonderful experience.
Receptions During Hours:
- NO WALK IN CEREMONIES PERMITTED-Ceremonies must be scheduled in advance.
- Ceremonies begin at 0900 and must conclude by 1700. Promotions are scheduled for 30 minutes. Retirements are afforded 60 minutes.
- Ceremonies may be held in the Leatherneck Gallery or Semper Fidelis Memorial Park.
- You may arrange colors. (We can provide the National Ensign and the Marine Corps flag and their respective bases.) We do not have a Navy flag or GO flag available.
- You may bring soft, appropriate music. (Sound system and extension cords are your responsibility.)
- We can provide a podium.
- No outside food or beverages permitted.
- Due to a limited set up space, chairs are conditionally permitted. Prior approval is required.
- Please provide working party for set up and break down of chairs and podium.
After Hours Capabilities 1700 until 1900:
- We can host a morning reception within the Tun Tavern
- We can host a reception within the Mess Hall
- We can host an exclusive reception from 1700 until 1900 for a minimal fee
- On the balcony overlooking the Leatherneck Gallery
- 60 seated guests/ 186 standing reception
- Within Tun Tavern
- Within the Mess Hall
- 150 seated guests/ 182 standing reception
- Scuttlebutt Theatre
- Exclusive caterer on site: costs incurred separately
|Questions? Please click here to see our frequently asked questions.
|Ready to make your reservations? Please click here to download the reservation form.